This week at Douglas Drive we say goodbye to our lovely Sandra who is retiring.. Thank you for all the years you have supported us.. We all wish you the best and remember there’s always coffee and cake …xx
We’ve been celebrating Chinese New Year at Douglas Drive this week.
Fun games using chopsticks, lovely Chinese food, lucky coins and fortune cookies.
With it being the year of the tiger, we also found out what year animal we all are …. It’s been a great week .
We would like to say a big thank you to Stevenage Town Bowls Club who kindly lent us their indoor bowls equipment.
All our day care groups thoroughly enjoyed this new activity which will definitely be added to our programme in the future.
We currently have a vacancy at Douglas Drive for an Activities Co-Ordinator
The advert can be found using the link below.
Please feel free to share with anyone you think may be interested in this exciting opportunity!
Following a ‘changes in Covid Measures for Day Services’ update from Hertfordshire County Council on 19th August, we would like to share with you how things will look and what you can expect when attending Douglas Drive.
- We will continue with smaller socially distanced day care groups
- Staff will be continuing with twice weekly LFT testing and a weekly PCR test.
- Volunteers and clients who attend once a week will continue to take an LFT test the night before or, the morning of the day they attend Douglas Drive.
- We will continue with temperature checks on arrival, the wearing of face masks and/or shields for all clients, staff and volunteers and encouraging regular handwashing and/or use of hand gel throughout the day.
- We ask that if you are feeling unwell at all, please do not attend your regular day care session until you are feeling better.
By continuing with these measures we hope to make everyone at Douglas Drive feel safe and confident in attending the Day Centre.
We will of course keep you all updated as and when any further changes are made.